NASA Exoplanet Science Institute
NExScINExScI • Missions & Center • Operational
The NASA Exoplanet Science Institute (NExScI) provides tools and archives for the exoplanet community, administers the Sagan program of fellowships and workshops, supports the Keck Interferometer and Large Binocular Telescope Interferometer. NExScI provides administration of NASA Keck telescope time, and additional projects in the Exoplanet Exploration Program. NExScI has also developed and operates the Kepler Science and Analysis System (KSAS), tools from which will be incorporated into the various NExScI maintained data archives in the future.
Several public astronomy data archives and software tools have been developed at NExScI. New datasets and data analysis tools are added to the archives as they become available. These archives include:
- The NASA Exoplanet Archive is a general purpose stellar and exoplanet archive to support NASA's planet finding and characterization activities.
- The Keck Observatory
Archive (KOA) which serves level 0 (uncalibrated)
and 1 observations made on the High Resolution
Echelle Spectrograph (HIRES) instrument and with the Near InfraRed echelle SPECtrograph (NIRSPEC).
Keck Interferometer archive which contains data from the Keck Interferometer available to PIs and the public through a searchable database of
instrument calibrated and averaged data.
- The Palomar Testbed Interferometer (PTI) archive contains data from over 1000 astronomical sources available to PIs and the public through a searchable database of instrument calibrated and averaged data.
- The Visibility Modeling Tool which generates observable quantities from geometric models or user input files for all active optical/near-IR interferometers.
NExScI provides operational software infrastructure and support; archiving of and access to observational data; and consultation for all stages of an experimental project, from concept development and proposal writing to implementation and analysis.
NExScI is sponsored by NASA's Origins Theme and Exoplanet Exploration Program, and operated at IPAC by the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in coordination with NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
- NASA Exoplanet Science Institute (NExScI) homepage
- Sagan program
- NASA Keck Single-Aperture Operations
- NASA Exoplanet Archive
- Keck Observatory Archive (KOA)
- Keck Interferometer archive
- Palomar Testbed Interferometer (PTI) archive